Here are some tips for prolonging your Dip Tank solution:
- Keep the lid on your dip tank when you are not using it.
- Only dip the screens, do not leave them to soak. Normally dipped for around 3 minutes.
- Any solids that come off your screens will sink to the bottom, use a net to remove the gunge as this can affect the efficiency of the solution.
- Keep your tank in a temperature-controlled environment if possible. The solution will react slower in colder temperatures, ideally, keep it near room temperature.
- Don’t allow any foreign metal objects in your dip tank. Aluminium is obviously acceptable. However, the effectiveness of the solution can diminish when the chemical meets metal.
- Top ups can be more cost effective than replacing the entire solution.