** NOT AVAILABLE FOR INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY**
Our DIY UV Screen Exposure Bulb is a great way to expose emulsion for an economical price. Specifically manufactured for Screen Print World and not available on the UK market anywhere else. Simply screw in the bulb to any light fixture and safely expose a screen with the recommended Amex Screen Sol QT or QV Dual Cure Emulsion for approximately 10-12 minutes in a light safe environment.
- Electrical: 220v 25W
- Mount: screw fitting
- UV Wave Length: 360-380nm
- Screw size-27mm (E27/E7)
- Bayonet-22mm (B22/BC)
To Expose A Screen:
- Source a light fixture to power bulb.
- In a light safe environment centre bulb directly above the middle of the screen at a height of 12-15 inches. Note: The higher your bulb is, the longer your exposure time, and the more coverage to the screen.
- Place opaque black transparency reverse onto shirt side of screen and tape to screen. If your transparency is not opaque your screen will not expose as well.
- You can add a piece of thin clear glass on top of your screen to increase the positive pressure during exposure. This is optional but will increase the detail gained during exposure.
- Expose for 10-12 minutes in a light safe environment. Note: Ensure your screen is bone dry before exposing. The more emulsion your screen has, the longer your exposure times will be. Increase exposure for lower mesh counts.
- Washout your screen out with high pressure water in a safe environment.
- Blot the image with newspaper or clean absorbent, then dry.
- If your image does not expose or washout properly. First make sure you are in a light safe environment. Ensure your screen is coated with a thin coat of emulsion and allowed to dry so it is smooth to the touch. If your emulsion is tacky you need to either coat it with less emulsion or dry it for a longer period of time. You can use a clean fan or dehumidifier to speed up the drying process. Ensure your film positive is dark and opaque. Ensure your screen has positive contact between the film positive and the screen mesh. Add a sheet of glass or foam under the screen to increase positive contact.
- If your screen exposes but is slimy, increase exposure time by 1 minute and try again.
- If you can’t wash out the image then decrease the time by 1 minutes until the image appears
UV Light Notice: This bulb emits UV Light. Do not use in an area where others can look directly at the light source as this may be harmful – please use eye protection that filters UV light. Prolonged exposure directly to eyes can cause damage. Keep out of reach of children.
If you would like more information then please give us a call on 0044 (0) 1562 829009 or use our Webchat or Email