Print Academy Training Course- POSTPONED
- May 7th- Postponed
- June 18th- Postponed
- July 30th
- Sept 3rd
- Oct 15th
- Dec 3rd
Please choose your date from the drop-down menu.
This course will go through the basics of screen printing from how to coat a screen with emulsion to the screen printing technique.
Maximum class 6, minimum of 3.
Arrival at 9.00am for Tea & Coffee, meet and greet.
10.00am-3.00pm with a 30 minute break for lunch.
- Screens and mesh types (standard frames, roller frames)
- Screen preparing for coating (degreasing)
- Washout booth
- Emulsion and screen coating (emulsion types and coating technique)
- Screen drying and drying cabinets
- Exposing the screen (film placement on screen, exposure times)
- Exposed screen washout technique
- Screen cleaning and cleaning solutions (ink removal, types of chemicals used)
- Screen reclaiming and dip tank (work with reclaiming chemicals)
Setting up press & printing
- Types of screen printing presses
- Screen placement into press
- Off-contact (snap) adjustments
- Print & flood technique
- Plastisol inks
- Multicolour printing
- Colour registration (micro adjustments on press)
- Spot drying (flash cure types)
- Garment drying (temperature settings)
approx. 3pm finish*
At the end of the day, attendees will be provided with a certificate of attendance and will receive a screen printing experience book to take away with them and look back on when needed.
If you prefer one on one tailored teaching or would like to book a date to suit you please click here.
If you have any questions pop up on chat for more info.
*Course duration is dependent on the number of attendees, between 4-7 hours.